Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Biggest Loser Week 1, Workout 1

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I am hoping that today will be the start of something good, something inspiring, something that I can STICK TO. One of my biggest problems has always been sticking to something and following through. I could probably be characterized as a follower, and hardly ever the trend setter. The one place where I have been successful at commitment has been my marriage. This July will be my 10-year anniversary with my husband (dated for 6 years, will be married for 4), and that is not something I take lightly. With such a high divorce rate, I am pretty proud of this accomplishment.

So, what did I start today? My first day as part of a group weight loss program at a local gym in my hometown, modeled after The Biggest Loser. For the next ten weeks, I will be attending a 1-hour workout, two times a week, with a nutrition class on Saturdays for 1 hr. I am in a group with 9 other women, and we are our own team. There are a couple other groups this round, and we will have some friendly competition to see who can lose the most weight  / most percentage of body fat.

I am really excited!! I was really nervous, but I am trying to keep an open mind, and convinced I have nothing to lose! I have been struggling with my weight for awhile (what person isn't?) and I think I need this kick in my butt to get me going. I trained to do a 5k last summer, and completed 2.

My goal at the end of the ten weeks: to get down to 155 lbs. Thats about a 22 lb loss, and over 10 weeks, I totally can do this. I know I can. I plan to write about the workouts, and update my progress. My hope is that being accountable to my other teammates and to the lovely world of the interwebs, I will succeed! So here we go. Without further ado. . . .


Week 1: Workout #1
This was an intake of sorts. I got a bunch of measurements taken to see where I start from, and by the end, I will have all these measurements taken again to see how far I've gotten. But there will be a weigh-in every Monday! This will make me stay on track over the weekend, which has always been the hardest for me.

Starting weight: 177 lbs
Waist circumference: 39 inches
Body fat percentage: 34.3%

Fitness test:
Pushups (on my knees) in 1 minute: 15
Situps in 1 minute: 17
Mile run: 9:34

I came in 2nd out of my team on the mile run and I was super pumped about this! I have been working on running and clearly that is where I am strongest. I really need to work on my strength, and that will be my focus over the next 10 weeks. It was a real wakeup call to see how little I could do in the sit-up and pushup department, but I have to start somewhere!

Easter Sunday
There is the most recent picture I have of myself so I can have a starting point.

The real workout starts on Thursday!!!

More later, friends :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...