Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Not the sticker! - Toddle Along Tuesday


Toddle Along Tuesday - Funny/quirky Toddler Habits




Today is Toddle Along Tuesday! This week's topic is "Funny/quirky toddler habits" I am linking up with Melissa at Growing Up Geeky. Be sure to check out her fabulous blog!

This story was just too funny that I could not pass up blogging about it because I never want to forget it. Jordan, Henry and I went grocery shopping this past Saturday night, one of Henry's most favorite trips to go on because he loves riding in that grocery cart. Sometimes we indulge him and push the cart "backwards" so that he is facing forward down the aisle.

On this particular trip, we made it to the cashier for checkout. The cashier was a young twenty-something gal, who had help for her sidekick bagging buddy. They both thought Henry was being just so adorable in the cart, that the cashier decided to give him a small, bright-orange circular sticker (after asking our permission, of course).

I didn't bat an eye and thought that he would love it. They put it on my finger and as my finger inched toward him, I saw something very odd. He became inching backwards, and whimpering, as if he was terrified of this tiny, harmless, sticker. I haven't seen him act like this before, and I was a little concerned, but I smiled a whole lot because I kind of thought this was the most adorable reaction ever. 

I put it on his jacket and he kept staring at, and almost starting to cry. We quickly ushered our groceries to our car and Jordan thought it would be a "good experience" for Henry to ride the short car trip home with the sticker affixed to his shoe, so that every time Henry looked down at his foot in his carseat, he saw, which was now apparently, the scariest object on the planet. He did whimper the entire car ride home, but it was so cute we just kept it going.

The sticker has since been floating around our living room, and every now and then he will find it, and sometimes stick it on one of us, but luckily now it has lost its adhesive and just falls off, which is just how our little sir likes it.

Who knows where this fear came from. I asked myself the same question for Henry's earlier fears (i.e. nose blowing, and the sound the shower mat made when you ripped it off the floor of the tub.) He has gotten over those, and I am sure, as time goes on, this too shall pass. It has too. How are we going to survive trips to the doctor and dentist when the reward is scarier than the actual appointment?

What are some of your other quirky or funny toddler stories?

Henry enjoying something not-so-scary at the grocery store

1 comment:

  1. Hopped over from tottle along Tuesday. That is interesting. Poor little guy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...