Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hello! Bonjour! Hola!

Hello! I'm so glad you are here :) Welcome! A little bit about myself. 


My name is Jen, and I am a first time Mom to Henry, who was born on December 27, 2010. He was a big boy when he was born (11 lbs, 4 oz!) And I of course had a C-Section. Unfortunately, this was after many days in labor after my water broke on Christmas Eve. Yes, you did read that correctly. Henry was born THREE days after my water broke!!! I find this surprising since in all of my classes, there is no way I would go more than 24 hours after my water breaking. In any event, we did get past this and mom and baby are healthy, happy, and enjoying every moment together. 


I got married to Jordan on May 30, 2009, after dating for about 6 years!! We met during his junior year of college, and my freshman year. I graduated from the University of Delaware and Jordan graduated from St. Joseph's University. 


 We currently live in New Hampshire, even though both of us are from Pennsylvania. Why New Hampshire you ask? Well Jordan is currently pursuring his PhD in American History and we are hoping that he finishes in two more years. PhDs take a very long time! And it appears even longer with a little guy around. 


I don't want to give too much away on our first "date." :) And, Henry just woke up crying, but he is still lying in his crib, so we are giving him ten minutes to see if he calms himself down. We put him down earlier than usual (5:45 p.m.) as he had been rubbing his eyes for awhile. We'll see if it takes! 


 P.S. - THE cutest thing Henry did today was him crawling over to me as fast as he could go, and then as soon as he got to me (I was sitting on the floor Indian-Style) and laid his head down and wanted to cuddle. The first time he "missed" my leg, but that didn't deter him. He just inched forward a little more and when he found my thigh, he just laid right on down. Makes my heart go pitter-patter :)

Our little family on Easter day, 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks :) I had wanted to start a blog for awhile now! I love reading yours :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...